Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bieber Without Bieber

So recently, this happened.

If you don't want to click the link there, let me describe it to you. Justin Bieber made a music video of his rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." It is Steampunk themed. Steampunk enthusiasts became rather unhappy about this.

I, however, saw this as a challenge. What if you took the video and removed Bieber and the movie tie-in clips? Would it become better for those who have a severe dislike of pop music? Or is it doomed forever?

This is the original video:

***WARNING: CONTAINS BIEBER AND 3D CHRISTMAS MOVIE***


And this is the "Bieber Minus Bieber" version:



CHRISTMAS IS SAVED!

(Disclaimer: I have nothing against the Bieb. His music isn't for me, but anyone willing to Steampunk it up can't be all bad. I just thought this would be a neat experiment in the "Garfield without Garfield" line of reasoning. So don't send me angry emails, tween girls, you're creepy.)
(Double disclaimer: Already mentioned where the video comes from, the music is a section from Dr. Steel's "Build the Robots." Hopefully both parties can take the joke.)

1 comment:

  1. I saw your video on one FB Steampunk group, and I re-posted it in 5 or 6 FB Steampunk groups, including my own Steampunk writer page... Glad you got some attention, now go put a link in your video for your Steampunk persona and get the attention you deserve, sir.

    ReplyDelete