Sunday, October 11, 2009

Introductions and Promises Yet to be Broken

Welcome to my head.

I'd make a better introduction, explaining viewpoints and mission statements and things along those lines, but I know better. The main content of this blog (probably the ONLY content) will just be the things that pour out of my rattled brain. Rants about ridiculous things I find, imagined outrages, reviews of whatever I happen to find entertaining at the time (or absolutely terrible).

Standard internet fare, really.

Don't fall under the assumption that this place will be the exact same information, ideas, and humor that you can find just about anywhere else online, though. Unless of course I completely run out of ideas and turn out to be a shit writer after all.

Now I'm sure you're wondering (because as the author here I can assume thoughts in your head and there's nothing you can do about it) just as I did, "Why exactly did you start this blog if you aren't even certain of your writing abilities? Are you just another internet hack?" These questions can be answered in three parts:

1. Shut up.
2. Maybe.
3. The real reason I've started this is to work on my writing abilities. To improve and grow as a writer, and along the way get a number of rants out of my system.

It's been a constant theme whenever I'm out and about with others that I'll inevitably start ranting about some subject for long periods of time, and all throughout it will draw laughs. Some people have even gone so far as to give me topics just to get me ranting. I enjoy it, so I go along. Starting this blog should hopefully give me a place to record these thoughts and share them with an even larger audience.

Those are the basic ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to follow through and be something entertaining for you all. Don't be afraid to comment, I look forward to seeing what readers think of the topics as I bring them up. I understand this first entry has been incredibly rambling and useless, but following entries will actually be planned out and edited before I post them.

Now that introductions are out of the way, I've got to fix this place and my account up with some pictures and the like. More to come.

Yours,
Charlemagne

No comments:

Post a Comment